Baby Signs

Hey Everyone!

A while back I posted that I would put up some of the signs I have used with toddlers/babies in the past...and these are also the first ones I plan on using with my son....
They say that the best time is around five or six months...but there are some signals your child will send you when they are ready. For example, they may begin to shake their head for "no" and nod for "yes". Or try to communicate through other ways such as grunting or pointing. Contrary to popular belief, baby signs DO NOT delay speech, so if you are interested in using them with your child, you needn't worry about that!
The most important thing is to just start out with a few and stay very consistent with them. ALWAYS say the word as you use the sign. Have fun!
I will soon be posting some songs in sign language as well!




There are many more but I thought I'd share a few I plan on starting with!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment